An all-in-one meal perfect for dinner or for any special occasions. This is a very simple and easy recipe for a really creamy Beef Stroganoff.
Another thing I like about this recipe is that it is so versatile, it may be served with any of your favorite pasta or even rice. In this one, I served it over egg noodles and I added more Champignon mushrooms... yum!
Canned cream of mushroom is not easily available here in Germany, or maybe they are but I haven't found the popular American brand, Campbell, except online where they cost a fortune, maybe because of importing it and all. So I usually just make my own cream of mushroom soup and it works wonderfully all the time.
Beef Stroganoff made Easy
- 10 ounces beef round steak
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 1 can (10 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- ½ teaspoon paprika (not spicy)
- 1 cup sour cream (see below Tips)
- ½ pound noodles - precooked
- salt and pepper
- Slice beef across the grain into very thin slices.
- Boil the beef in water (about a cup) in low heat for at least 30 minutes or until it is tender.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add beef and cook until browned.
- Pour in the soup and paprika. Cook for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add sour cream and mix. Add salt & pepper as desired.
- Serve over noodles.