There are lots of different ways to cook eggs, I know. But if you are tired of having them scrambled, sunny side up, poached, fried, boiled or omelet, then here is another easy way to make them – Egg Roll. And they look much nicer too.
I usually make them when we are having Asian-themed dinner, like Korean, Chinese or Japanese as they are so simple to make and add to the variety of the dishes. It is also good to have whenever my husband is having a diet. They do look appetizing than just simple scrambled eggs plus low in carbs.
Egg Roll Recipe
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup carrots - - minced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper - - minced
- 1/2 cup onion leeks - - minced
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine eggs and milk in a bowl and beat with a fork or egg beater until well blended and a bit frothy.
- Using a sieve, sift the mixture through to remove unwanted textures like the chalaza. Doing this gives the egg roll an even texture.
- Add the rest of ingredients and mix well.
- Using a flat pan, heat oil on medium-high. Once it is hot enough, pour a portion of the mixture using a ladle.
- When it is almost cooked, start rolling from one end leaving a quarter unrolled. Then move the whole piece to the end closer to you.
- Pour another portion and repeat the rolling process two more times, rolling completely until the end of the last one.
- Place egg roll on a paper towel to remove excess oil. Once it cooled down a bit, cut egg roll across into smaller pieces about an inch thick.
- Arrange in a plate and serve.
Here is a short video on how to make an Egg Roll:
Can’t see my video? Click here.