This is our first summer in our apartment since we moved here last year and we are just happy to have a big terrace space that we are trying to enjoy it so much as we can. And what better way to do this than having friends over to have a barbecue and chatting nonstop over food and drinks. Although it seems that, this year, summer came too early and is going too soon, Armin and I are still trying to make the most of it every chance we get. Every time the sun shines and gives us a good summer day, we would decide to have a barbecue even just the two of us on our own. But German weather can be so fickle sometimes that you get a sunny morning but stormy afternoon or vise-versa. So there are times we would have an impromptu barbecue when he or I or both of us suddenly have the craving for anything grilled. This chicken kebab recipe is just perfect for such times. It is easy and quick to make and taste really good especially if you are into spices and herbs like we are!
Chicken Curry Kebab
- 14 ounces chicken breast fillet - - cut into inch sized cubes
- 1 bell pepper - - cut into squares
- 2 medium onions - - cut each into 4 pieces
- 8 pieces champignon mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic - - minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce - or 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- In a big bowl, mix curry powder, parsley, garlic, ginger, olive oil, fish sauce or salt and pepper together. Or alternatively, use a blender or stab mixer to chop and mix at the same time.
- Add the chicken breast cubes to the marinade and mix well until all sides are covered. Cover with a plastic wrap and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- If using metal skewers, grease them before using so the meat will not stick to it. Thread the mushroom, onion and bell peppers with the chicken meat in between and at the end.
- Brush the remaining them again with the remaining marinade to cover the vegetables as well.
- Grill for until meat is cooked while turning regularly.