Looking for an easy Arroz Valenciana (Bringhe) Recipe?
Bringhe or Arroz Valenciana is one of the favorite dishes among Filipinos. It is a bit similar to Spanish Paella and made up mostly of It is usually served for Fiesta or any other special occasions.
This is a simple version of this recipe that is really quick and easy to make for an everyday meal. If you want to give it some extra touch for serving on occasions, look at my notes below.
Bringhe is actually the name of this dish in my hometown, Pampanga. You can get away with making this dish using so little ingredients as long as the main ones are present: the sticky rice, turmeric, coconut milk, and chicken. Other Kapampangan I know also use the chicken gizzard and liver, yum! I would too but Armin is not a big fan of innards.
Simple Arroz Valenciana Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion - - chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - - minced
- 5-6 pieces chicken wings - - cut at joints
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce - (optional)
- 2 cups glutinous or sticky rice - - washed
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric powder
- 2 pieces bay leaf
- 2 cups coconut milk - plus 2 cup water
- 1 cup bell pepper - - sliced into strips
- 1 cup carrots - - sliced into strips
- 2 eggs - - hard-boiled and sliced
- salt and pepper
- In a deep pan and on medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in oil until soft. Add chicken wings and let for some minutes until the meat is almost cooked, about 3 minutes. If using fish sauce add it now.
- Add the rice and turmeric powder. Cook for 1 minute while continuously mixing to make sure not to burn the rice.
- Add carrots, bell pepper and bay leaf, then season with salt and pepper as desired, mix well and lastly add the coconut milk and water. Cover and let cook for about 20-30 minutes or until sticky rice is done and all liquid has been absorbed. Remove Bay Leaf.
- Serve with slices of egg on top.
1 piece Chorizo de Bilbao after cooking chicken wings
1 cup Green Peas and ½ cup Raisins when adding other vegetables