This Banoffee Pie is so easy to make and no-bake pie is always one of my favorite desserts. It was done all under 30 minutes and that includes making the caramel sauce from scratch.
I prefer to use really ripe bananas because they are sweeter and brings more flavor. For the crust, I used butter cookies, crushed them and just added some cocoa powder and it is simply wonderful combined with bananas.
Easy Banoffee Pie
- 10-12 butter cookies - - crushed
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients for crust in a bowl and mix until all parts are moistened. Try pressing a bit to the bottom of the bowl, it should stick and pack firmly, if not add a bit more oil. Transfer to a spring-form and spread evenly. Press crumbs until it is sticking firmly to the bottom of the springform.
- Spread half of the caramel sauce on top of the crust. Arrange the banana slices on top of it. Place in fridge for now.
- In a deep bowl, whip the all-purpose cream until firm peaks form. You can put it in a piping bag and use a big star tip, pipe the cream on top of the banana slices to make nice patterns. Alternatively, you may just spread the cream on top using spoon or spatula.
- Sprinkle with some almond flakes and cocoa powder. Spoon the remaining caramel and drizzle over the cream.