Cathedral Window Dessert
Make any holiday or gatherings vibrant and fun with this perfect-for-all Cathedral Window dessert! An easy, budget-friendly dessert you can make ahead of time.
- 6 cups water -room temperature
- 1 tablespoon red gelatin powder (unsweetened) - adjust as needed
- 1 tablespoon green gelatin powder (unsweetened) - adjust as needed
- 1 tablesppon yellow gelatin powder (unsweetened) - adjust as needed
- 9 tablespoon sugar -if needed
- fruits extracts -if needed
- 3 cups water -room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream or all-purpose cream -unchilled
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoon white or clear gelatin powder
Prepare each color. Just follow the jelly powder to the liquid ratio on the package as they vary from brand to brand.
Per color, sprinkle the jelly powder over 2 cups of water. Add 2-3 tablespoons of sugar. Stir to dissolve.
Heat the liquid over low heat until it starts to boil. Turn off heat and pour the gelatin mixture into different molds and refrigerate to set.
Once they have set, cut into the size and shape you like. Set aside.
Combine 3 cups water, sweetened condensed milk, and the cream. Sprinkle the white or clear jelly powder and stir to dissolve.
Heat over low heat while stirring constantly. Turn off the heat when it starts to bubble.
Arrange some of the cubes with different colors at the bottom of the mold. Pour the still slightly hot white gelatin mixture to cover the layer. Add another layer of cubes and white gelatin. Repeat until all cubes and white gelatin are used.
Refrigerate to set and chill.
- Adding fruit juices to the white gelatin might cause the cream to curdle. If you want additional flavor, add fruit extracts like lemon, pineapple or almond.
- Some brands of gelatin set faster than others. Try to work fast when assembling the dessert. But if this starts to happen just reheat on low until it turns to fluid again.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 81mg | Potassium: 164mg | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 540IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 136mg | Iron: 0.1mg