Halo Halo Recipe
The ultimate summer cold treat. Combination of shaved ice and many different layers of sweet beans, fruits, and other treats then drizzled with milk. Let us not forget the toppings, leche flan, ube halaya or even ube ice cream!
Servings: 1 tall glass
- 1 cup crushed or shaved ice
- ¼ cup milk fresh or evaporated
- 1 teaspoon sugar if needed
- 1 teaspoon sweetened saba or plantain bananas
- 1 teaspoon sweetened sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon sweetened red munggo
- 1 teaspoon sweetened garbanzos (chickpeas) or beans
- 1 teaspoon fresh of sweetened langka jack fruit
- 1 teaspoon coconut strips or sweetened macapuno
- 1 teaspoon nata de coco coconut gel
- 1 teaspoon sago or tapioca pearls or jelly cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon leche flan topping
- 1 tablespoon ube jam or 1 scoop of ube ice cream topping
In a tall glass, add a teaspoon of each of your selected ingredients.
Add sugar if you like. Personally, I find that the other ingredients are sweet enough so I do not any more sugar.
Fill the glass with shaved ice up to the brim. Push it down and add some more.
Drizzle with milk.
Add the toppings of choice.
Serve with a long spoon for mixing (‘halo’) and enjoy.
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 110mg | Potassium: 267mg | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 800IU | Calcium: 69mg