Try this Asparagus Pasta with creamy white sauce. Such an easy and simple one-meal-dish that is both healthy and delicious.
- ½ pound pasta noodles - cooked as per package directions
- 1 bunch (about 15-20 spears) asparagus - cut into smaller sizes
- 3 large cloves garlic - each sliced into 3-4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 7-8.5 fluid ounces all-purpose cream or heavy whipping cream
- 7-8.5 fluid ounces evaporated milk or fresh milk
- salt and pepper - to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese
In a pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the asparagus and garlic slices, sprinkle some salt and pepper and saute for about 3-4 minutes or until some sides are browned but the asparagus is still crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
In the same pan, heat cooking oil over medium heat. Cook the bacon bits until browned. Remove everything from pan and set aside.
Again in the same pan, saute garlic and onion in butter until tender. Add milk and let it simmer. Next, add the cream and let simmer until it gets a bit thicker, turn the heat lower. Add back the cooked bacon bits with oil. Season with pepper and salt.
Once the sauce is thick enough remove from heat and toss in the asparagus.
Place cooked noodles in serving plates and top with sauce then add Parmesan. Serve while hot.
Calories: 816kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 172mg | Potassium: 463mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1410IU | Vitamin C: 4.4mg | Calcium: 250mg | Iron: 1.1mg