Wurstsalat (Sausage Salad)
Wurstsalat or literally Sausage Salad is basically a type of sausage cut into julienne (long, thin) strips and then seasoned with vinegar, oil and pickles.
- 10.5 ounces sausage - cut into strips
- 1 medium onion - sliced
- 3-4 pieces pickled cucumber (gherkin) - cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water from the canned pickles
- 3 tablespoons chives - chopped
- 5.3 ounces Emmentaler cheese - cut into small strips (optional)
- a dash of sugar
- salt and pepper - to taste
In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar and water from canned pickles. Add a dash of sugar and mix until dissolved. Set aside.
In a larger bowl, toss together sausage strips, chopped onions, pickles and chives. Pour the liquids over the salad, season with salt and pepper and mix well. Add the cheese and toss a few more times.
Calories: 591kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 729mg | Potassium: 338mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 620IU | Vitamin C: 5.1mg | Calcium: 414mg | Iron: 1.3mg