Ginataang Tilapia (Tilipia in Spicy Coconut Milk)
Try this creamy and spicy, Ginataang Tilapia (Tilapia in coconut milk) recipe. All done in less than 15 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 1 thumb ginger - cut into 5-6 thin slices
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric (fresh) - cut into strips (optional)
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- 2-3 tablespoons fish salt
- 2-3 medium-sized Tilapia - scaled, gutted and cleaned
- 1 cup malunggay leaves (or a bunch of Pak Choi)
- 1-2 pieces siling labuyo or 2-3 pieces bird's eye chili - cut into 3-4 pieces each
In a wide pan, saute garlic, onion, and ginger in oil over medium-low heat.
Add the Turmeric and cook for another minute.
Pour in the coconut milk and fish sauce and bring to a simmer.
Add the Tilapia and chili and let it cook covered for 5-7 minutes.
Add the Malunggay or Pak Choi a minute before turning off the heat.
Calories: 578kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 32g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 1064mg | Potassium: 1000mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 267.5mg | Calcium: 593mg | Iron: 7.5mg