This seafood pasta is one of the quickest and easiest pasta recipes I have ever done. It could be cooked in less than 20 minutes.
I love everything seafood! Fish and shellfish alike. Shrimps, crabs, lobsters, clams, squids, mussels! I love them all and miss them dearly.
Even in the Philippines, it is always a treat to have seafood for a meal as they are becoming expensive. Ok, maybe not all and they are still a lot affordable compared to buying them here in Germany or most of Europe.
That is why I take the chance to eat as much seafood (or as often as possible), even once a year, whenever I go home…and uric acid be damned!
Here in Germany, I also take the chance to eat fish and have seafood whenever I can. I especially love the Frutti de Mare Pizza from our favorite local Pizzeria.
A real big seafood treat is when we go to Asian buffet restaurants that usually offers wide choices of seafood and also other exotic foods (like frog, croc and shark meat).
They actually call it the ‘Erlebnisbuffet’ which means adventure buffet but I usually save the space for all those lovely fish and seafood dishes.
Unfortunately, we do not go so often because these restaurants are not that near. Maybe that is actually a blessing or else we would probably be there so often and it will not do good on our waistlines.
Just recently while I was wandering and looking around the frozen section of our local grocery store, I saw that they have these frozen packs of precooked Frutti de Mare (Italian that means -fruits of the sea) and it really got me excited!
I mean, of course, there is always frozen seafood available (mostly shrimps and mussels) but I didn’t notice this particular item until recently.
Now, I would always stock on frozen mixed seafood and a can of chunky tomato sauce so that I can easily make this seafood pasta, a quick fix for when the craving for seafood hits.
I usually use linguine for this recipe but spaghetti or any of your favorite pasta should also be fine.
Topping it with fresh shavings of parmesan cheese makes it even lovelier. You simply have to try this quick pasta recipe.
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic - - minced
- 1 big onion - - chopped
- 9-10 ounces (1 pack) frozen mixed seafood - - thawed
- 14 ounces (1 can) chunky tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano - - dried
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 pound linguine pasta - - uncooked
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside until sauce is ready.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute garlic and onion in oil until translucent.
- Add the mixed seafood and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chunky tomato sauce, dried oregano, salt, and ground pepper. Cover and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix until all noodle are covered with sauce.
- Serve while hot and top with grated or shaved parmesan cheese if desired.