Try this Sauteed pickled mustard greens with tomatoes and eggs! It is so delicious and healthy and really easy to make.As promised from my last post where I showed you guys how to make pickled mustard greens, I am now sharing the recipe for pickled mustard that I did with the batch I made. It is really simple but so good! The only regret I have is that I didn’t plant more mustards so I can make more of the pickled mustard greens. I sowed some seeds a week ago but maybe it is too late. Summer is approaching and mustards tend to bolt earlier (make flowers fewer leaves) when the temperature gets too warm. We will see if I will get some leaves from them or if I have to wait for the cooler autumn.My mama usually just saute her pickled mustard greens in garlic and onions and then add beaten eggs. This is served usually as a side dish to any fried fish. That is the most common way this delicacy is eaten. You can also have it as is or as a salad (Ensalada). Just chop them and add some fresh chopped onions and tomatoes. You can also add some salted eggs while you’re at it or even bagoong (shrimp paste) although the pickled mustard greens can already be salty enough.
As for me, I stuck to the basic or how I I usually know it. I added cherry tomatoes because of its sweetness that created a very nice contrast to the pickled mustard greens.
Sauteed Pickled Mustard Greens with Tomatoes and Egg
- 7 ounces pickled mustard greens
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic - - minced
- 1 big onion - - chopped coarse
- 6-8 pieces cherry tomatoes - - cut into halves
- 2 eggs - - beaten
- Drain and wash the pickled mustard greens several times to remove excess salt. Squeeze them with hands to get rid of the liquids.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute garlic until aromatic but now browned. Add the onions and tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the pickled mustard greens and cook for a minute.
- Gently pour the scrambled eggs over the vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Enjoy!