This is my version of no-fuss frozen pineapple margarita. It is very simple and easy to make but so refreshing, especially in this hot summer! I very seldom drink anything with alcohol since I developed allergies or alcohol-intolerance as they call it, but back then (when I was still normal) my favorite cocktail is frozen margarita. So I thought to make some the other day when Armin and I decided to have an impromptu barbecue. It was really good but unfortunately, I can only drink about half of mine because I do not want to risk having swollen lips, eyes and throat…not so pretty!
I know that margarita uses tequila, but I used vodka instead because Armin has a strong aversion to tequila that started about two years ago when we were in the Philippines. My sister and brother-in-law also came home from Dubai for their house blessing so it was like a small family reunion, albeit incomplete because our brother, the eldest (and family is living in Paris) and our youngest sister (also in Dubai) was not able to come home. It was one of those warm nights when my sisters and I together with hubbies/boyfriend decided to have a drink on the terrace. We girls took it slow but the guys brought it on full swing and before you know it they finished some bottles of beer, a bottle of Jägermeister and Bacardi and then came the notorious Tequila, all just for the three of them. Armin, being German I think, knows how to handle his drink and that was the only time since we’ve been together, I saw him get tipsy! Fortunately, he was a happy drunk, just won’t stop laughing and giggling until he fell asleep..hehe! He was not so happy through the next day and from then on he avoided Tequila like the plague.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 fluid ounces lemon juice - or lime juice
- 2 fluid ounces tequila or vodka
- 3.5 ounces ice cubes
- 7 ounces frozen pineapple - - cubed
- salt or sugar
- Prepare the glasses to use by running a slice of lemon around the rim of the glasses, and then tip them upside-down in a saucer filled with salt or sugar. Set aside.
- Using a blender or a stab mixer, mix together sugar and lemon juice until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the vodka, ice and pineapple and pulse until ice and pineapple are finely crushed.
- Pour into prepared glasses and enjoy!