Try this super easy, delicious Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe. It has a secret ingredient that makes the shrimps sweeter and tastier.
What is not to like with this Garlic Butter Shrimp recipe! It is so good and all done under 15 minutes. It goes nicely with toast or any plain bread like Baguet. You will definitely need it to scrape the last smears of the delicious sauce from your plate, believe me, you won’t want to put any of that goodness to waste!
The chopped parsley added a nice flavor to it, but you can skip it if you don’t have any. The secret ingredient though is the splash of 7-up or Sprite. It brings out and intensifies the natural sweetness of the shrimps. I only added a quarter of a cup but to those who like a sweeter sauce, you can add some more.
Of course, to my Filipino readers, you can also serve this with hot steamed rice!
Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 pound shrimps or prawns
- 4-5 big cloves garlic - chopped finely
- 1/4 cup Sprite or 7-Up
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup parsley - chopped finely
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Add the shrimps/prawns and cook just until they start to turn pink/orange all over.
- Add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Pour in the Sprite/7-up and let it simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt. Add the chopped parsley and mix until well blended. Cook for another minute or two.
- Transfer to a serving dish.