A mix of different fresh fruits is already good and delicious on their own. But this honey chia dressing adds sweetness and delectable crunch into any fruit salad, not to mention, loads of nutrients and a lot of health benefits.Did you know, that…
Chia seeds are known as superfood since they contain healthy omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, fiber, antioxidants, and calcium. These little seeds are also high in quality proteins which are perfect for vegans, vegetarians or raw foodist. Aside from being an energy booster, it is also said that it helps regulate blood sugar, aids in digestion and lowers cholesterol and is good for the heart! Others also claim that it can help reduce weight. Wow, talk about great things coming in small packages! These tiny seeds take it all!
Aside from all the great benefits I mentioned above, I mostly like adding chia to our meals or drinks simply because I like its texture. After it is mixed with liquid it swells and become gelatinous, which I think is fun to eat. I usually add a tablespoon of chia seeds in a small bottle about then fill it with my homemade almond milk, shake it well and keep it in the fridge for some hours or overnight to drink later as it is or add to shakes or smoothies. But this time I also thought of using it as fruit salad dressing.
Fruit Salad with Honey Chia Dressing
- 5-6 strawberries - - sliced
- 2 kiwi - - sliced
- 1 big ripe mango - - cut into cubes
- 2 cup fresh pineapple - - cut into cubes
- some blueberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice - (optional) or lemon juice
- Pour almond milk into a small jar or bowl then sprinkle the chia seeds and mix. Cover and place in the fridge for overnight.
- Prepare the fruits by peeling, slicing and cutting them into desired shapes. You can have any fruit you like or whatever fruit is in season.
- Take the chia mixture out of the fridge and add honey, mix with a spoon to combine well. You may also add some lemon or lime juice if you like.
- Pour chia dressing on top of the prepared fruits and mix.