Don't they just look nice and appetizing? Good news is they are quick and easy to make and really healthy too!
I usually make these when Armin is having his diet. Even in Phase 1 of South Beach diet, as broccoli is one of the vegetables allowed in this phase since it has low Glycemic index. It is a perfect side for any meat like chicken, pork or beef but I am pretty sure they would also make wonderful appetizers.
We both like our broccoli only half-cooked, that way it is still crisp and not soggy or mushy. So making them in these crustless mini broccoli Quiche is just perfect.
I also added some feta cheese on top that melted nicely while it was baking and then bacon, but they are still good even without. I do not think you could go wrong with this recipe anyway and did I say how easy it was to make? Yep, definitely one of my fave; quick, easy and delicious!
I usually use my silicone cupcake molds for making them because I find it easier and you can also serve them in it but any muffin pans or molds would also do great.
Crustless Mini Broccoli Quiche
- ½ pound broccoli - cut into florets
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Place 1-2 pieces of florets in each muffin mold, depending on the size of the florets, it should fill three-quarters of each mold. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and milk until almost frothy. Add onions, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into the muffin molds, just about covering the florets. Top each with grated cheese. Leave enough space as the quiche may rise a little while baking.
- Bake at 180°C/375°F for about 20 minutes or top is almost brown.