Usually, when I do not have time to make a more elaborate dinner (which is often) I would go for pasta with white sauce. It is done in minutes and always seem to make my (only) customer happy and satisfied. This recipe is actually put together in a hurry and was a bit of an experiment. But it works! I was actually meaning to make my usual Carbonara, which is also done quickly, but I ran out of cream so I thought of using flour to thicken my sauce. Adding some grated cheese to the sauce while cooking enhanced the taste. I used salami that is a bit spicy and it was great!
Creamy White Pasta Sauce
Creamy white pasta sauce without using cream? Done in just a few minutes and taste heavenly.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- ½ cup salami or bacon or both - cut into bits
- 1 cup mushroom - sliced
- ½ cup green bell pepper - cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- grated Parmesan cheese - optional
- Melt butter on a preheated pan over medium heat. Saute garlic and onions until soft.
- Add the bacon and/salami and let it cook. Add the mushrooms.
- Add the flour and then pour in the milk, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Add the bell pepper the season with salt and pepper. Add cooked pasta and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Calories: 179kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 6gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 398mgPotassium: 282mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 345IUVitamin C: 17.7mgCalcium: 75mgIron: 0.6mg
Have you tried this recipe?Mention @foxyfolksy or tag #FoxyFolksyRecipes!
What do you think?