If you are into cookies and cream then you'll definitely love this super easy ice cream cake!
A cake and an ice cream at the same time. This is definitely my kind of dessert! What's more...it can be prepared in under 15 minutes.
What you need...
Basically, you would only need 3 ingredients to make this ice cream cake. Crushed cookies and cream cookies, vanilla ice cream, and butter. If you have these then you are good to go.
But if you want a bit of glamour, then get some chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and some cute mini cookies and cream cookies to decorate.
As for the tools, you will need a cake ring and a thick cake board. If you do not have those, the ring of a springform will do and a flat plate.
You can also do the ice cream from scratch by combining whipped whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, and some vanilla extract. But in the Philippines whipping cream is actually more expensive than buying ice cream, so I will just save myself some money, time, and effort here.
- 2 ¼ cups crushed Oreo - or other chocolate-cream cookie
- ½ cup butter - melted
- 1.5 liter vanilla ice cream - slightly softened
- canned whipped cream - or use whipped cream (See Notes)
- chocolate syrup - - for drizzling
- 12 pieces mini Oreo cookies
- In a bowl, mix together 2 cups crushed Oreo and melted butter. Transfer it to an 8-inch cake ring placed on a cake board or flat plate and spread and press evenly at the bottom.
- Add ¼ cup of crushed Oreo to the ice cream and mix until well distributed.
- Pour ice cream mixture to the cake ring and tap the side several times to release air bubbles.
- Place the ice cream cake in the freezer for several hours or overnight to set.
- Remove the cake ring. You can dip a knife in hot water and slide it along the edge to separate the cake from the ring if needed.
- If you like, drizzle the edges with some chocolate syrup for a drip effect. Then pipe some rosettes on the top using whipped cream. Lastly, place mini Oreos in between the rosettes to complete this look.