Try this no-meat, quick and easy, stir-fry Chow Fun! You will definitely love how simple yet flavorful it is!
Just got back from a long-month vacation with my parents who came to us to have their first-ever Europe tour. We brought them to see some places here in Germany, like the walled city of Nördlingen; the Hohenzollern Schloss; the beautiful city of Munich and some small trip near our area. We also brought them to Austria to see the Alps up close. Then we spent some days lazing around in Jesolo, Italy and to for them to see Venice.
After this, Armin had to go back to work but my parents and I went on and visited my brother and his family in Paris where we stayed for almost two weeks. My parents flew back to the Philippines last Friday. It was a hectic month and the weather was a bit weird for a summer, rainy and cold most of the time, but it was fun and time well spent with family.
Chow Fun recipes usually use the fresh wide flat rice noodles known as Ho Fun (hor fun, he fun, shahe fun). I can’t find it here in our area but I saw this dry wide rice sticks. This is called Bahn Pho the Thai equivalent for the Chinese Ho Fun which is also used for Pad Thai.
Since I am still recovering from a vacation hangover (a.k.a. feeling lazy), I choose to share with you this really easy and simple Cantonese all-time favorite dish, Chow Fun. It is a dish of flat rice noodle that is stir-fried. It is also common to add meat, usually beef that has been marinated. But if you are like me at the moment, trying to avoid anything fussy, then this Vegetable Chow Fun is a perfect dish for you too!
Quick & Easy Vegetable Chow Fun
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Some require soaking in boiling water for 5 minutes and others need to be cooked in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes.
- In a wok or skillet, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat. Saute the garlic and the white part of spring onion until tender and aromatic. Add the broccoli florets and cook for a minute.
- Add the pre-cooked flat rice noodles, soy sauce, oyster sauce and water and stir until well blended.
- Stir in the green parts of spring onion and red bell pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy while hot.