This Baked Salmon with spinach recipe is definitely worth a try. If you have read some of my posts in the past, you will know that my favorite food is usually the quick and easy to prepare kind and this is exactly that!
I know I just posted a recipe on Spinach Quiche recently and yes this is another recipe involving spinach, and why not, spinach is good for you! Plus they are in season so they are easy to get at this time of the year and that also means they are cheaper.
If you are also looking for a different way to cook your salmon, then here it is! This was actually kind of experimental, inspired by the Spinach Quiche recipe from my previous post, the main difference is, yes you guess it, the salmon and then I thought of adding some cherry tomatoes on top which turned out to be a really good idea because the sweetness from the cherry tomatoes gave the dish some contrast.
Baked Salmon with Spinach
- 1 pound salmon fillet - - cut into 4
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups spinach - - chopped coarsely
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose cream
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 4-5 pieces cherry tomato - - cut into slices
- salt and pepper
- Rinse the salmon fillets and pat dry thoroughly with paper towels, season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a pan at medium heat. Pan fry the salmon until both sides turn golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside
- In a big bowl, scramble the eggs and then add the cream and grated cheese, mix well. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Spread some of the spinach on the bottom of the dish then lay the salmon on top of it. Spread the remaining spinach on top and and in between the salmon.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly on top of the salmon and spinach. Add the slices of cherry tomatoes on top.
- Bake at 180°C for 20-30 minutes until set and nicely browned and a knife inserted in center comes out clean.