One cold day, Armin suddenly asked for a soup and I was caught unprepared. Usually, I make ‘Sopas’ which is a Filipino version of chicken noodle soup cooked with milk and he loves it. But at that time, we didn’t have chicken and we just ran out of milk and we had a really ugly cold weather that neither of us wanted to go out and buy some. So I rummage around our fridge and cupboards to see what we have at hand. That is how this soup came to be. It is really very simple and was ready in just a few minutes. I was not expecting so much from this soup because it was so impromptu and experimental but it actually turned out good and, more importantly, it kept us warm and our stomach full.
I am sure, it will also be good to use chicken or turkey for this recipe and add other vegetables like peas or green beans, maybe next time, but I was quite happy with this simple vegetable soup.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 200g ground pork or beef
- 100g shell noodles
- 1 cup carrots, cubed
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- ½ cup green bellpepper
- 1 stalk onion leeks, chopped
- 1 broth cube (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped parley to garnish
- 2-3 Tbsp butter
- 1-2 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3-4 cups water or meat broth
- Saute garlic and onion in butter until soft and tender.
- Add ground meat and cook for 5 minutes or until all meat is done.
- Stir in the pasta and vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Cook until just slightly roasted.
- Pour water or broth and cover. If using broth cube, cut amount of salt. Let it boil for some minutes until noodles are done and vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
You might also like these:
Pad Thai Easy Recipe
Try this easy Pad Thai recipe. Made from simple ingredients. A complete meal in one!I've been wanting to make Pad Thai for a long time and I am not sure why ...read more
Homemade Spanish Sardines
Make your own homemade Spanish Sardines with this super easy recipe. Store them in jars to give to your friends or to sell. No pressure cooker needed.Another great find I ...read more
Puff Pastry Sticks
Get this super easy 2-in-1 Puff Pastry Sticks recipe that is perfect for snacks or appetizers. I got the idea for this recipe when I attended a dear friend, Tami's birthday ...read more
DIY Project Autumn Wedding: How to make paper flowers (Part 2)