One of the perks of working in a kitchen restaurant is that you get some ideas and recipes that you are sure would taste delicious. This recipe of pan-seared Salmon with tomato-basil sauce is one of the many things I learned during my one month stint as a helper to the Chef of a hotel restaurant four years ago. It is one of my favorite salmon recipes simply because it is so easy to make but taste so good, like dining out in a restaurant! 😉 I always use pink salmon for this recipe but I am sure any kind of salmon would be just great.
I really think this pan seared salmon goes well together with buttered wild rice just like how they serve it in the restaurant I worked for. Normally, I just cook the rice as instructed and once it is cooked, I just mix in some butter and salt before serving. It depends on how much butter you like, but I like to add about 1 spoonful of butter to 2 cups of cooked rice.
- 300 g salmon fillet, cut into the desired size
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp butter (or more)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 big or 4 medium fresh ripe tomatoes, diced
- ½ small green bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- In a pan over medium heat, melt butter until it becomes bubbly. Add salmon fillet and brown both sides making sure that fish is just cooked through. Remove from pan and transfer in a plate.
- In the same pan, saute garlic and onions in the remaining butter (Add more butter if needed). Add the tomatoes, bell pepper and a cup of water and bring to boil. Lower heat and let it simmer until it thickens and most water is gone. Stir from time to time.
- Once the sauce reaches the desired consistency, add the basil and season with salt and pepper if needed then remove from heat.
- Either pour the sauce on top of the salmon or lay the salmon fillet on top of sauce.
You may also use canned tomato chunks just omit the water then.
You might also like these:
Quick & Easy Vegetable Chow Fun
Try this no-meat, quick and easy, stir-fry Chow Fun! You will definitely love how simple yet flavorful it is!Just got back from a long-month vacation with my parents who came ...read more
Get this easy and simple recipe for this yummy Chili Crab that has the perfect blend of sweet and spicy!I am in heaven! Yes! Crabs are one of the things ...read more
Sauteed Pickled Mustard Greens with Tomatoes and Egg
Try this Sauteed pickled mustard greens with tomatoes and eggs! It is so delicious and healthy and really easy to make.As promised from my last post where I showed you ...read more
Easter Egg Candles for Table Centerpiece