Try this super easy, delicious Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe. It has a secret ingredient that makes the shrimps sweeter and tastier.
What is not to like with this Garlic Butter Shrimp recipe! It is so good and all done under 15 minutes. It goes nicely with toast or any plain bread like Baguet. You will definitely need it to scrape the last smears of the delicious sauce from your plate, believe me, you won’t want to put any of that goodness to waste!
The chopped parsley added a nice flavor to it, but you can skip it if you don’t have any. The secret ingredient though is the splash of 7-up or Sprite. It brings out and intensifies the natural sweetness of the shrimps. I only added a quarter of a cup but to those who like a sweeter sauce, you can add some more.
Of course, to my Filipino readers, you can also serve this with hot steamed rice!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 500 grams shrimps or prawns
- 4-5 big cloves garlic, chopped finely
- ¼ cup Sprite or 7-Up
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped finely
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Add the shrimps/prawns and cook just until they start to turn pink/orange all over.
- Add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Pour in the Sprite/7-up and let it simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt. Add the chopped parsley and mix until well blended. Cook for another minute or two.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
You might also like these:
Pad Thai Easy Recipe
Try this easy Pad Thai recipe. Made from simple ingredients. A complete meal in one!I've been wanting to make Pad Thai for a long time and I am not sure why ...read more
Quick & Easy Vegetable Chow Fun
Try this no-meat, quick and easy, stir-fry Chow Fun! You will definitely love how simple yet flavorful it is!Just got back from a long-month vacation with my parents who came ...read more
Get this easy and simple recipe for this yummy Chili Crab that has the perfect blend of sweet and spicy!I am in heaven! Yes! Crabs are one of the things ...read more
Traffic & Income Report – July 2017