Although she usually cooks it with chicken, I also tried it with various meat like pork, beef, and turkey (breast) and they all turned out really good. Now it is Armin’s all-time favorite dish. Filipino Style Chicken Curry is cooked with coconut milk that makes it creamier and more flavorful. Try it now!
- 500g chicken (I usually use turkey breast)
- 1 medium potato, wedge cut
- 1 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 Fresh Chili pepper or dried Chili flakes (depends how spicy you like it)
- Cayenne Powder (optional)
- Ground black pepper
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (2 Tbsp Powder dissolved in water)
- 2-3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Fry potato and carrots in oil. Once done, remove from oil and then set aside.
- Saute garlic and onion. Add meat and let cook for a minute before adding the fish sauce. Let it simmer until all meat is cooked.
- Add coconut milk. Add curry powder, chili pepper, cayenne powder and black pepper. Stir and then let it simmer until sauce thickens. I like it really thick and a bit dry so I let it cook a bit longer.
- Before removing from heat stir in the bell pepper and the fried potatoes and carrots.
You might also like these:
Try this Sago't Gulaman drink. A Filipino sweet refreshment made from brown sugar syrup with tapioca pearls and almond jelly. This post is actually a bit overdue because I made this ...read more
Have a feast with this classic Filipino Menudo recipe. A tomato-based stew of pork meat and liver usually served at special occasions like Fiestas. May is the month for Flores de Mayo in ...read more
Lumpiang Togue (Mung Bean Sprouts Spring Rolls)
Try this Lumpiang Togue recipe for a scrumptious, easy and healthy spring rolls with mung bean sprouts and other veggies. It is known by many names. Other calls it Lumpiang prito ...read more
Pan Roast Beef with Gravy Sauce