Although she usually cooks it with chicken, I also tried it with various meat like pork, beef, and turkey (breast) and they all turned out really good. Now it is Armin’s all-time favorite dish. Filipino Style Chicken Curry is cooked with coconut milk that makes it creamier and more flavorful. Try it now!
- 500g chicken (I usually use turkey breast)
- 1 medium potato, wedge cut
- 1 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 Fresh Chili pepper or dried Chili flakes (depends how spicy you like it)
- Cayenne Powder (optional)
- Ground black pepper
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (2 Tbsp Powder dissolved in water)
- 2-3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Fry potato and carrots in oil. Once done, remove from oil and then set aside.
- Saute garlic and onion. Add meat and let cook for a minute before adding the fish sauce. Let it simmer until all meat is cooked.
- Add coconut milk. Add curry powder, chili pepper, cayenne powder and black pepper. Stir and then let it simmer until sauce thickens. I like it really thick and a bit dry so I let it cook a bit longer.
- Before removing from heat stir in the bell pepper and the fried potatoes and carrots.
You might also like these:
Get this recipe now for this all-time Filipino favorite dish, Lechon Kawali! Deliciously crunchy in every bite! Lechon Kawali is a well-loved pork dish all over the country. Pork belly ...read more
Cassava Suman is a Filipino delicacy of steaming a mixture of grated cassava, coconut milk, and sugar in banana leaves. Try this great Cassava recipe now!Cassava Suman is known by various ...read more
Beef Tapa Recipe
Beef tapa is a type of cured meat of thin slices of tender beef. A popular breakfast that is usually served with a sunny-side up egg and fried rice. This ...read more
Pan Roast Beef with Gravy Sauce