Looking for a Carrot Cake or cupcake Recipe? Here is one that makes a moist, dense, flavorful but not so sweet carrot cake or cupcakes that is simple and easy to follow.
I made the same cake for a friend`s birthday party last summer and used Cream Cheese Frosting. I was worried that the frosting may not hold so well or melt due to the warm weather. But to my surprise it endured and stayed in shape the whole day even at room temperature.
I made this particular carrot cake you see in the photos above last month to replace the old “ugly” pictures I took when I was just starting to blog. I added some whole pecan nuts at the bottom of the pan before pouring the batter for baking and it made a delicious crust. I also sprinkled the surface of the cream cheese frosting with cinnamon and it was a heavenly combination!
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ c. oil
- 2 c. milk
- 2½ c. wheat flour
- 1 c. white flour
- 6 tsp. baking powder
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 c. grated carrots
- ⅔ c. raisins
- ⅔ c. chopped nuts (optional)
- Prepare a 8-9 inch/20-22cm round cake pan or spring form. (How to prepare pan?)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Mix together sugar and eggs. Beat well. Add oil and milk. Mix again.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix.
- Add the grated carrots, nuts, and raisins and stir just enough to blend evenly.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30- 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans, place on wire racks. Cool completely. Fill and frost as desired.
Use below to replace measurements for related ingredients above
1½ cups Milk
4 tsp baking powder
Follow below direction instead of above.
2. Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
6. Pour into lined muffin tin about half or three-quarter full and bake for 20 minutes..
See additional tips for making sure that your cake is even and moist.
You might also like these:
Mango Float Easy Recipe
Mango float could be the easiest, delicious no-bake dessert you could ever make. Only needs 4 ingredients too! It is a favorite Filipino 'icebox cake' that is a big hit during the holiday ...read more
Easy No-bake Cheesecake
This Cheesecake Recipe is my own and one of the easiest and fastest one I have ever made, not to mention, my hubby´s favorite dessert!!! It has a very creamy ...read more
German Marble Cake Recipe
This is a quick and easy recipe for a soft, spongy yet moist Marble cake. I like to think of this as my 'emergency' or 'last minute' cake. Why? Well, the ...read more
Sturdy Cream Cheese Frosting